Saturday, May 29, 2010

Dita Von Tesse, Sexy Tattoo Girl

Dita Von Tesse, Sexy Tattoo GirlWhen one first thinks of the famous burlesque dancer, Dita Von Tesse, tattoos don't necessarily come to mind. But Dita has a little secret. She has one tattoo and it is very noticeable and out in the open. Almost no one until now knew it was a tattoo. The famous mole on her left cheek is actually not a mole at all, it is a tattoo. It seems that Dita didn't plan on getting this timeless birthmark tattooed on her face. She actually went into the tattoo parlor and asked for a star to be tattooed on her cheek instead. Thank goodness for the tattoo artist she spoke to because he talked her out of that regretful tattoo and suggested she get something a little more timeless and elegant. Thus her beauty mark, mole tattoo was born.

"You have to understand I was pretty eccentric. I was always drawing hearts and stars in that spot. I went in thinking I wanted a star there, but they wouldn't do it.

They were the voice of reason. They were so right."

Dita's beauty mark tattoo is not the only tattoo she thought about getting when she was younger. She had her heart set on getting seams tattooed on the back of her legs, to show the illusion she was wearing stockings all the time. But she came to her senses and decided against it.

"In the early nineties I almost got seams (tattooed) up the back of my legs but I'm so glad I didn't. Can you imagine how hard it would be to match up the seams with real stockings? It would have been a nightmare.

At that time I was researching everything about the forties, about how during World War II women would draw seams on. I thought, 'Wouldn't that be cool?' I had them henna tattooed on, but I never went all the way."